|XR North Region
|From home role with XR NORTH
|Hours per week:
|No. spaces available:
|Anchor North Coordinators meeting Local Groups Reps meeting - it would be useful to attend both semi-regularly in order to maintain communications.
|Fortnightly on Wednesdays at 17:30-19:00 (Anchor North Coordinators).
Fortnightly Fridays 19:00-20:00 (Local Groups Reps)
|Good organisational skills
Excellent communication & teamworking skills
Attention to detail and able to keep sight of the wider picture
Comfortable working remotely and proactively
Understanding of data protection.
|Social media experience (definitely not necessary but a bonus)
Willingness to undertake any necessary free online training related to the role.
|This is a remote role, all you need is Wifi and a computer. If there is anything we can do to adjust the role to better meet your needs, please let us know.
This essential role supports the promotion of the North's events and actions through social media.
These channels usually have lead times, in other words, you would be able to prepare posts in plenty of time to publicise our events.
We can provide training for this role.
Here are the main tasks involved:
- support and coordinate the team of social media handlers for Instagram, Facebook, X (Twitter) ensuring posts are regular, of good quality and appropriate so we increase followers.
- monitoring an email inbox and forwarding media requests appropriately.
- Sharing posts yourself to act as a communication link between the North region and the social media team.
- supporting the media reps for local groups around the North to learn and develop their skills.
- Managing our Facebook page.
As the Media team Coordinator, you will maintain oversight of what's going on within the region, keep tabs on new media requests, and update members of the media team so that media requests are fulfilled, whether that's publicising upcoming events, covering ongoing campaigns and actions, or reporting other news.
Our Media team is small but growing and if you'd like to help support our fabulous media volunteers in the North in this way, we'd love to hear from you!
Read the North Media & Messaging mandate here